Duck Creek Mountain Bike Park was constructed, and is operated and managed under license by Northern Rivers Dirty Wheels Mountain Bike Club Inc. The Park is presently being constructed and is closed to the public. The park contains approximately 9 kilometres of mountain bike specific cross country and all-mountain style trails which include flow, technical and free ride styles. The trail network includes easy and difficult trails suitable to a variety of riding abilities. We expect the facility to be open in mid 2018.
HOW TO GET THERE
The site is situated approximately 5 kilometres east of Alstonville on the northern side of the Bruxner Highway. The access driveway is approximately 500m west of Gap Road.
There is limited parking available within the site.
There is no water or toilets available at this facility. Water and toilets are available in Alstonville which is approximately five kilometres to the west.
Camping is not permitted.
A trail map is provided in the carparking area and can be downloaded from our site. Trails are also available on the TrailForks APP.
All trails are sign posted with the trail name, direction and difficulty rating.
MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAIL CODE OF CONDUCT
The trail network has been designed for the exclusive enjoyment of mountain bike riders of a variety of abilities. Other recreational uses such as walking, running etc are not permitted on the trails.
Some trails will be more difficult than others. The network includes natural terrain, constructed technical features, obstacles, drop offs, bridges and steep land. The trail surface may change over time and make riding more difficult. Take care at all times and always ride within your ability.
- Always wear an Australian Standard certified helmet and appropriate safety gear.
- Ride only on the formed trails and do not take short cuts.
- Some trails may be one-way and others are multi-directional (refer to trail bollards).
- Stay off closed trails.
- Always be in control of your bike and ride within your abilities.
- Plan your ride and avoid riding alone.
- Carry a first aid kit and know how to use the contents.
- Do not ride in wet or muddy conditions as it causes trail damage.
- Share the trail and be courteous to other riders.
- Take your rubbish home with you.
- Do not disturb plants or animals.
- Dogs are not permitted on the trails.
- Construction of new trails and features must be approved by Northern Rivers Dirty Wheels Mountain Bike Club.
- NRDW requires that all E-Bikes / E-MTB’s used at New Italy MTB Forest or at Duck Creek Mountain Bike Park or at any of our club social rides or races be compliant with AS 15194:2016 (EN15194). This means that the bike shall have a maximum continuous rated power of 0.25kW, of which the output is progressively reduced and finally cut off as the vehicle reaches a speed of 25km/hr, or sooner, if the cyclist stops pedalling.
Access and egress of motor vehicles at the Duck Creek Mountain Bike Park has been identified by the Roads and Maritime Authority as an area of possible risk. In order to minimize risks associated with potentially unsafe vehicle movement, all visitors shall adhere to the following rules:
- All motor vehicles shall enter and exit the site via a left-in and left-out only manoeuvre.
- Right hand turns across the double lines are prohibited.
- No more than 4 motor vehicles may access the site at any one time.
Please note that there is limited parking available within the site.